April 6 & 7, 2016
Chinese Cultural Business Seminar
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Early bird registration only $995
“If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.”
– Nelson Mandela
We could tell you Canada is uniquely positioned to be the gateway to China and with a large internal Chinese population it only makes sense to follow this path. China is acknowledged to be the world’s second largest economy in the world and soon to be the largest. China is a country still relatively unknown to foreigners and is different in many aspects of culture.
But the more important facts are:
- British Columbia has a significant visible Asian community of just under 1,000,000 (one million) in the Lower Mainland.
- BC is the largest exporter of goods and services to China of all the provinces in Canada in 2014.
- Largest and most significant real estate transactions are by Chinese. Are you in real estate, finance or insurance?
- Real estate developments, be it with individuals or companies, possess a significant Chinese factor. Do you supply the building industry, insurance, sales or finance?
- They possess enormous purchasing power. Ask the luxury goods and services industry, tourism and hospitality and they will gladly confirm. Are you in any of these industries?
Can you afford not to grasp this hugely successful market segment in BC? If you are tired of sitting on the benches at the biggest of all games then energize yourself and become more proactive.
Stop your business deals collapsing. Don’t be a victim of ignorance in cultural insensitivity. We know and we have heard it several times, it happened mainly because of ignorance rather than intentional malice. The outcome is the same though: financially crippling, frayed tempers, scorching tirades and tattered dreams fluttering in the wind.
This important seminar aims to offer you informative advice. Moreover, you will learn how to avoid potentially lethal situations and be more adept at understanding the Chinese culture and simultaneously improve your personal business performance.
Book now spaces are limited!
This seminar is designed to be practical and we felt compelled to include a live situation to bring together all that you have learnt over the past two days. At the end of day two, you will be thrust into the Asian cultural stage, “The Chinese banquet”. In China the banquet is held after the day’s business. This event is very important, symbolic and a litmus test of how the business affairs are progressing. It is the quintessential stage where further discussions can be held informally, observations made, protocols followed and new bonds made or broken. For these very reasons we have included this sumptuous banquet.
Here you can experience the intricacies of the culture from the perspective of a Chinese and not a Westerner. Our Chinese banquet is the jewel of this seminar. Understand why certain dishes are selected, know when to toast and who, where to seat guests and more. The evening’s banquet is a summation of the seminar teachings placed into a practical situation. After concluding the evening, you will be able to host your own banquet for your Chinese guests with elegance, grace and a worry-free approach. This 8-course banquet will last 3 hours.
In the world of commerce, one cannot afford self-inflicted wounds when they can be easily avoided. Trading with our largest business partner the United States is a relatively simpler and easier approach as the culture and customs of both countries, whilst not the same, are certainly very similar in many ways, shapes and form. Canadian and Chinese culture is vastly different in many aspects.
To bridge this divide we:
- Offer participants a 2-day no nonsense practical seminar
- Arm the attendees with important and practical cross cultural skill
- Present keynote speakers who have battlefield experience in the Asian commerce arena
- Allow participants to ask their burning questions during the panel discussion and get answers that count from experts
- Create a networking environment for like-minded professionals
Upon completion of this seminar you will obtain these valuable skills:
- Have a stronger understanding of what lies behind the inscrutable Chinese visage
- Be competent in arranging meetings, conducting negotiations and reassessing expectations with the Chinese
- Build greater patience and conduct meetings in a more purposeful and meaningful manner with the Chinese
- Understand the concept “Its not personal just business” is an archaic mantra and does not work with Asians
- Be able to develop lasting relationships that matter with the Chinese
- Be more adept at understanding your Chinese counterpart
- Improve your success rate dramatically
Seminar Details & Registration
HOW TO REGISTER
Complete the registration form and fax or mail it to the address below. If you prefer to pay by cheque, please make payable to “Purple Warrior Investments” and mail it to the address below.
Email form to: email@example.com
Mail: #101 – 1001 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V6H 4E4
For any further questions, please call 604-684-6000
Attendance to the “Crouching Grizzly, Hidden Panda” seminar includes:
- Two full day seminar attendance
- Tea and coffee
- Seminar manual
- Keynote speakers, experts in their fields
- A panel discussion
- An 8 course Chinese banquet that is similar to one you will experience in China
- A limited amount of wine will be served at the dinner
- Networking opportunities
- Preferential bookings for cultural consulting
- Early Bird pricing available until March 15, 2016
- Individual: $995 per person
- Group (3 or more): $945 per person
- Late registration: March 16 – March 31, 2016
- Individual: $1149 per person
- Group (3 or more): $1099 per person