The Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits course is intended for those who have little or no previous knowledge of the broad range of wines and spirits. It is suitable wherever a straightforward level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competences, for example, in the customer service and sales functions of the hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries. It is also useful for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a considerable us interest in wines and spirits, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. Holders of the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits will be able to interpret the labels of the major wines and spirits of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation. There are no restrictions on entry to the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits course. Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the course. Similarly, students who choose not to taste alcohol for health, religious or other reasons will not find this a barrier to successfully completing the course. This course provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress to Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits.
The Level 2 Certificate course is assessed through a closed-book examination paper comprising of 50 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in one hour. All examination questions are based on the published learning outcomes and the recommended study materials contain the information required to answer these questions correctly. A minimum mark of 55% is required to pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and a lapel pin.
- Describe the factors that influence the main styles of wine.
- Describe the characteristics of the principal grape varieties.
- Use the key labeling terms on a bottle to deduce the style and flavours of wines made in key regions and from principal grape varieties.
- Apply principles of food and wine matching to the key styles of wine available.
- Use the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting to produce descriptions of wines.
- State the social, health, safety and legal issues relating to the consumption of wines and spirits.
- Provide information and advice on the correct storage and service of wines and spirits.
English: $995.00 + tax
Chinese: $1200 + tax
The tuition fee includes:
- Course materials
- Wines and spirits for in-class tasting
- Instruction fees
- Examination fees
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate
NOTE: Students must bring their own set of six (6) 7.25/7.5 oz. ISO tasting glasses (also known as viticole glasses) to use during class. These can be purchased directly from us for $45 +Applicable Taxes or from any glassware retailer.
- WSET Level 2 in Wines & Spirits – English
3 Day Course: 10 am to 4 pm with review & exam.
- 3 full day weekend class:
Mar 23rd, 24th & 31st, 2019 from 10 am to 4 pm; exam will be held on Mar 31st, 2019.
Apr 26th, 27th, & 28th, 2019 from 10 am to 4 pm; exam will be held on Apr 28th, 2019.
6 evening classes: TBA from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- WSET Level 2 in Wines & Spirits – Chinese
10:00 am – 1:00 pm plus review & exam
- 6 days course in Vancouver:
Feb 28th, Mar 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th, 2019.
Mar 26th, 27th, Apr 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th, 2019.
Apr 24th 25th, May 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th, 2019.
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY
Spaces are limited. Book your seat today.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- About Us
- Aficionado Program
- Aficionado Program Registration
- Bordeaux Wine Tour
- Class 1
- Event Calendar
- Groupon Redemption
- Hungary Wine Tour
- Italy Wine Tour
- Program Registration
- Seminar Registration Page
- South Africa Wine Tour
- Whisky Ambassador
- Wine Courses
- WSET Level 1 in Wines
- WSET Level 1 in Wines
- WSET Level 2 in Wines & Spirits
- WSET Level 3 in Sake
- WSET Level 3 in Wines
- Policy & Disclaimer
- Vinoscenti Sommelier Certification
- The Iberian Specialist Certification
- Sherry Program
- Sparkling Wine Program
- Senses and Aroma Program